Saturday, February 8, 2014

Decisions, Decisions: God Seems to Be Speaking

Well, it looks like we will be going forward and doing in vitro.... maybe. I have one last test on Tuesday, once we get the results back, we'll be setting the month start date. The money is in fact coming. Last week, we had $0.00 saved, today we have... well... more. Enough to make it seem realistic to be ready in May or June.

The other reason I feel in vitro is in our future is we have not gotten a single call for foster care. Since we have to put a payment down in March, if we are going to start in May, then, pretty soon we will have a financial commitment. As I've seen in the past, it only takes one day for our lives to be flipped upside down, so who knows what will happen before March gets here.

We're just slowly going forward. Taking one step at a time. By Friday, we should have the results and we should know if we are proceeding forward.

The other decision is that I am definitely leaning towards home-school... leaning, not deciding on. I know that people are probably wondering if I am going out of my mind, but too much has happened over the past three years. Don't get me wrong, I don't have a problem with public school. Even if we do pull her, we very well might put Little Miss back in later, especially during the high school years. There are just some strong reasons that have caused me to consider alternative education options.

I can definitely give her a better education than she is getting at school. I'm not worried there. There are so many resources around here that any of the areas I don't feel equipped to teach, I know who does. I do have many concerns though. Unfortunately, my concerns in the public schools are currently outweighing my concerns with home-school. Even Kevin who is for the most part against home-school is beginning to believe that we might be making the best decision.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting!