Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Grief is the Ultimate Pain

Last year, something happened that really shook me. It's one of those things that will probably stick with me forever. I spent a long period of time uncovering the truth, by the time the truth was uncovered for me many lies were revealed and I realized that I needed to move on. Part of me wanted to expose the truth, but by then my voice was no longer heard. I prayed for direction and discernment and found peace.

The thing that saddens me most is that even though I have uncovered the truth, the damage is done. There is no way to fix the problem, because even with the truth it's still a big uncomfortable mess.

Sometimes I wish you could put a band-aide over life. You could make things heal, without leaving scars. You could right the wrongs.

But that is life. You cannot change the past just as much as you cannot change other people. You can change the direction of your future, learn from mistakes, but ultimately there are somethings you just have to grieve, say goodbye to, and move on. Personally, I think the last three things are the hardest part of life. I can handle illness, I can handle pain, I can even handle disappointments, but loss is a different kind of pain that I just don't do well with.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting!