Thursday, November 21, 2013

The Things I Miss Most While My Husband Is Gone

So last week, my husband went hunting, which left me a hunting widow. I was a single mom for one week, which with a single child was not too difficult. Although it surprised me what I missed most about my husband. Here is just a small list:
  • I had to carry the bag of pellets to the pellet stove. This is difficult, because I am weak and the pellet stove is downstairs. Carrying forty pounds of weight out of the garage, up the porch, across the kitchen, down the stairs, across the family room is hard work.
  • I had to pull something gross hanging from the dog's bottom. This is a duty (pun intended) that usually lies with my husband. I clean up vomit, he takes care of the dingleberries, it's an
    Yes, this is a dog, and the one I had to
    rescue from a dingle berry. UGH!
    unspoken agreement that has served us well.  
  • I couldn't call his name every time I saw a dead mouse that needed disposed of. Tweeg, our indoor outdoor cat, brings us a love offering at least once a day. Not only am I creeped out by the vast number he has caught, but that there seems to be no end in sight. On top of that, I am petrified of these nasty little critters. I handle them dead just slightly better than when they are alive. I would just ignore these blasted things and let nature take its course until my husband got home, except we have dogs who think these love offerings are intended for their consumption, which to me is actually worse than the love offering itself! Fortunately, I did find a way around this and traded one of my daughter's daily chores for the disposing of these. She loved the easy task, and I was spared the nastiness. Win/win. Yes, she's less of a wimp than I am. 
  • I had to bring in the 36 lb box of litter into the house by myself, I postponed the changing of the litter, so I did not have to carry in the 36 lb box of litter out of my car, through the garage, up the porch, through the kitchen, down the stairs, through the family room, and into the bathroom.
  • Oh, yeah, and you know... the hugs and kisses, they were missed too... of course.
Yes, so I am glad to have my loving, devoted, strong, non-wimpy man around the house again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting!